As far as modern mobile operating systems are concerned, there are two leaders who are far ahead of the pack and they are the iOS platform, devised by Apple, and the Android operating platform, devised by Google. Of these two, the iOS platform is set to receive a new entry, the iOS 11, soon. The beta version of the iOS 11 have already been released to the public. Today, we shall discuss how to unlock the new iOS 11 theme, known as the dark or night mode.
iOS 11 Theme: Why The New Theme
Previous iOS versions had a feature called Classic Invert, which was only capable, however, of producing the complementary version of the colors on the screen. Blue thus became magenta and so on. Say you are in a darkened and quiet movie theatre and your Apple device starts ringing. When you take out your iPhone, the screen is so bright that some of your fellow moviegoers might object. Such a bright display in a darkened environment can also affect your eyes in a very bad way. Last but not the least, the new iOS 11 theme, aka the dark mode, also plays a decisive role in bolstering your device’s battery life as the display brightness directly affects the battery’s longevity.
iOS 11 Theme: Smart Invert is Here
This time, however, the iOS 11 has a new trick up its sleeve: Smart Invert mode. This new theme of the iOS 11 is the closest Apple has come to the true dark mode. Besides being better than the Classic Invert feature we spoke about, the new feature will also be able to darken the display and ensuring that the scenario in the movie theatre does not recur.
iOS 11 Theme: Steps to Activate it On Your iOS Devices
This is the list of steps you must follow to activate the new theme.
- On your Apple iPhone or iPad, go to ‘Settings.’ Now go to ‘General.’
- An option called ‘Accessibility’ will now appear. Tap to activate.
- A second option called ‘Display Accommodations’ will now appear. Tap on it again to display secondary options.
- Tap now on ‘Invert Colors.’ Under this option, you will find two further options: ‘Smart Invert’ and ‘Classic Invert.’ We have already written about the two features. Hence, click now on ‘Smart Invert.’
- There is a switch right next to the ‘Smart Invert’ feature. Toggle it and activate.
- Your new iOS 11 theme is now ready for use.
Did this guide on how to activate the new iOS 11 theme help you? I hope it did and you would be able to activate it easily if you follow this guide. Keep watching this space for more updates.